Finally arrived in Korea!

, , 3 comments
Ive arrived and everything is ok. The Cathay pacific flight was not fantastic to say the least. I much enjoyed my lunch at about 1:30 pm, only to be offered nothing again until it was light the next morning at 7am. I sat there wondering- when’s dinner coming? LOL. To make matters worse my TV screen broke, and I was left with nothing to do for about 5 hours. At least they offered me a $50 voucher as compensation. I have no idea what I am going to do with it.

Leaving Cape Town international - saying goodbye to the family.

At the beginning of my Johannesburg flight I had no one on the flight with me, yet I seem to have slowly collected  a group of Rhodents who I didn’t even know where going. Catherine, Sara, Philippa as well, Rebecca who is my roommate for the next few days.  We seemed to find another South African teacher along the way as well from stellies, Jason.


Our Cathay Pacific plane at Johannesburg International Airport.

I ended up sitting next to two Chinese men who were fascinated by the way that I was eating and I secretly was fascinated by the way that they were eating as well. They watched in amusement as I used a spoon to eat my yoghurt (when they drank it like a drink).
I am absolutely exhausted... I have been awake constantly for 2 full days. My day started at 6 am on Sunday and ended at 8:30pm on Monday. So crazy. But at least I can say that I have been to China now, if only to their airport for an hour or two. I quite liked Hong Kong airport, tucked in between raining mountains and directly off the sea coast (the runway ends when the sea starts). I could tell that it was incredibly hot outside because the airport windows fogged up. As I was coming off the plane, and walking, ever so briefly, to the terminal, I could feel the sweltering heat.

Hong Kong International Airport

Hong Kong is actually a lot smaller than I thought it was. I had always imagined that it was a mega city, when in reality it is relatively small in comparison to other Asian cities. It seems like they built an airport first and then stuck a few skyscrapers in just to round it out.  When I was on my second Catahy Pacific airline a teenage girl who sat next to me told me in broken English that it was too small and that is why she needed to fly to Seoul to go shopping.
When we finally flew into seoul, I got to see a bit of the scenery. It is actually very pretty. Lots of blue and green.  After I landed in Incheon, I was met by Yunock  (from Teach Korea) who met us and gave us a present of maps and towels to wish us good luck.
Finally after a four hour bus ride and a long chat with a nice new Zealander girl, Sahree, I am off to bed. 
Here is what our room looks like. Thank the lord it has aircon. I would be dying otherwise.




The strange shower


Have to be up at 7:30 tomorrow for breakfast… should be another big day.  For now, good night from Jeonju University, in South Korea.

3 comments :

  1. EEE its so good to hear from you! Holy crap woman, they're keeping you busy. Thinking of you!! Take lots of pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol they are.. but its good.. Its better to be busy while your still figuring things out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting makes your Mum feel like you are close !

    ReplyDelete